Neurological Care in St. Augustine, FL
Important Announcement: This is a friendly reminder from the Authorization Staff at McGreevy NeuroHealth for anyone in need of neurological care in St. Augustine, FL.
We are beginning a new year, and for most of you, your insurance benefits have rolled over as of January 1st. Our office will be working diligently to obtain patient documents and procedure authorizations and to get you scheduled promptly. We realize that many neurological patients want to avoid scheduling procedures and office visits until they meet their deductible. However, please keep in mind that the sooner you meet your deductible, the more benefit you can get from your insurance plan. Many folks do not realize this. Focus on your health.
Understanding Your Benefits
Keep in mind the earlier you complete your patient forms and get treated, the less likely your condition becomes a chronic issue. Our authorizations staff is willing to help you understand your benefits, but you should become most familiar with your distinct health care plan. Not all plans are alike, despite having the same general insurance. Lastly, if you must meet your deductible, understand that it is the patient's responsibility to pay for services rendered according to your health plan.
Below you will find a list of suggestions on how to make the process smoother:
- Please allow 72 business hours for authorizations to be submitted to your insurance company.
- Once submitted to insurance, please allow a minimum of 15 days for your insurance company to process the request and to issue an authorization.
- Rather than calling the office multiple times regarding the status of your authorization, follow-up with your insurance company to obtain status updates. The more pressure you put on the insurance company, the more likely they are to speed up the review process.
- Authorization requests cannot be marked as urgent. Insurance companies reserve urgent requests for life-threatening conditions.
- When the office calls to schedule procedures, on which we have obtained an authorization, return our calls as soon as possible in order to secure an appointment time.
- Appointment spaces are limited, and we will not schedule you for a procedure prior to the authorization being obtained.
- Make sure to follow all instructions given to you by Dr. McGreevy and the clinical staff in regards to any medications you should discontinue prior to any procedures. If you are a diabetic, you should also make sure to manage your blood sugars within a safe range.
- Keep in mind that when you arrive for your procedure, we may be running behind due to the nature of procedure days. If you have a scheduled appointment, we will stay in the office as long as it takes to make sure you receive the care you are scheduled to have. Our cancellation policy remains in effect regardless of our wait time.
- If you are ill, please call our office as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment. We cannot perform procedures on anyone that is sick or taking antibiotics. We are a small practice, and if one staff member gets sick, it could quickly spread through the entire office. For our safety and the safety of other patients, please stay home if you are sick.